Returns & Exchanges
We want you to be completely satisfied with every item that you purchase from saltyseahorse.com.au and so we understand that there may be times when you will need to return a product that you have purchased from us.
We aim to make this process as easy and hassle-free as possible and our returns policy has been constructed to comply with the relevant consumer rights and retailer obligations as set out under the Australian Consumer Law (ACL).
When to return a product?
You are entitled to a refund, replacement or credit from Salty Seahorse when an item purchased fails to meet one of the consumer guarantees as per the Australian Consumer Law (ACL), i.e. the product:
- Is faulty or of unacceptable quality
- Does not match the description or sample
- Is unfit for the intended purpose (i.e. does not do what it is meant to do)
- Is not delivered in a reasonable time frame
- Proof of purchase must be provided (proof of purchase details are outlined above)
This also includes non-compliance with any applicable warranties or guarantees as set out by the manufacturer.
Proof of purchase is required for all returns, which can be in the form of your receipt/tax invoice, a debit/credit card statement, member’s club transaction history, or online purchase transaction history.
Salty Seahorse will also, as an act of goodwill, accept return items if you have changed your mind.
In this instance, the product must:
- Be returned within 28 days of purchase
- Be in a re-saleable condition (original condition)
How do I return a product?
Items purchased online can be returned in the following way:
- By posting the item to our Returns Warehouse.
Please follow the below steps should you wish to post your item back to us.
Please note: items can only be accepted if they have not been used/opened and in original packaging.
To return an item by post:
- Send an email to [email protected] and request a refund.
- Once emailed, you will be contacted withing 24 hours.
- Depending on the assessment by our support team – you will either be provided with a returns label, a courier collection booked, or the return address information.
- Return the item to the below address. Please include your name on a piece of paper.
SALTY SEAHORSE ONLINE RETURNS
- You will be notified by email once your return has been processed at our Returns Warehouse.
Please note: the processing of the return and refund can take up to 2-5 business days following the arrival of your goods back at our warehouse.
WHO PAYS FOR THE RETURN OF AN ITEM?
Change of Mind, Incorrect Size or a Sale Item
You are responsible for the cost of returning your item.
Damaged, Faulty or Incorrect Item/Order
Follow steps 1-4 above and our support team will advise if we require the item to be returned to us.
Should your order or product issue not fall within either of the above return reasons, please fill in the Return Form with the reason ‘Other’ and provide more information in the description section.
Choose carefully! Once your order is placed we are unable to modify/cancel the order.
All products are covered by statutory warranties and consumer guarantees to the extent applicable, namely we warrant the products we sell to you are free from defects in workmanship and materials; of acceptable quality; fit for the purpose for which they were made and will match the description contained in our online catalogue or any sample provided to you.
Note that statutory warranties and consumer guarantees may not require Salty Seahorse to provide you with a remedy if you have caused the products to become damaged by using them in a way that is unreasonable, for example:
- Where you have mistreated or abused the products (whether intentionally or unintentionally); or
- Damaged the products as a result of using them in a way they were not intended to be used.
We recommend that you refer to the online catalogue and packaging instructions for further information about the intended purpose for which a product was made.
We reserve the right to test or assess any product returned to us in order to assess whether a breach of warranty or consumer guarantee has occurred.